Monday, October 10, 2005

Note to Elijah From Dad


Hi Son,

I don't know when You'll be reading this. But I hope and pray that one day You'll look over this labor of love and have nothing but fond memories of your childhood. I want you to know how much Your mom and I and Connor love You and what a joy it's been raising you these past 10 weeks....! You've been a very good baby. It's truly been a blessing to our lives to have You.

You are such a sweet, smiley baby. I know that the joy of the Lord is in Your little baby heart...! I lifted you up in prayer today. (As I do every day) I prayed for Your future. I have no idea what kind of world it will be like when you get to be a young man. But whatever is out there I promise to get You ready to face any circumstance. I can tell you a little secret that has worked for me and has carried me through many trials: And that's to trust and love in the Lord Your God with all Your heart, mind, soul, and strength.

Elijah, I pray that you come to have a close, personal relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It's the key to a happy life. And I hope that life You see me living out models that sentiment. I love You very much and I want you to know that I am proud, grateful, and honored to be Your Father.

Love Always,

Dad

No comments: