Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Worn Out...!

Elijah went to bed early and slept throughout the night last night. He was very tired from a big fun day with daddy. We went on a picnic for lunch and brought our fishing poles with us for fishing afterwards.

We found 'our special spot' along the lagoons under a big tree at the front of the country club property. We pitched our blanket and enjoyed a feast of tuna sandwiches, fruit, cheese, crackers, and some m and m's.

We caught a big turtle, a catfish, and a sunfish, but we let them all go. The catfish was the biggest fish we have caught to date... about 3 lbs...! Elijah had never seen a catfish before and he was a little scared of it!

After fishing we read some books before heading home. All in all it was a good, fun day!

One funny thing did happen, though. At one point I had taken my shoes off so my feet could relax a bit and that was big mistake, Elijah threw one of my shoes in the water...! I had to walk home (about a mile) in a sopping wet shoe...! Thanks a lot Elijah. My shoe is still wet nearly 24 hours later!

No comments: