Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Rocking Horse

Ride em, Cowboy,  Yee-Haaah...!

It has been suggested by more than one person that this is one of their favorite photos of Elijah.  I have to admit: I love this one myself.  I love the look of joy on Elijah's face.   

We all like to watch old tv westerns like 'The Virginian'.  And Elijah sometimes enjoys to dress up western style and ride his horse while we watch one of those vintage shows from the 1960's.   The horse in this photo is actually a cherished family heirloom. This VERY SPECIAL rocking horse was hand made by 'Grandpa Kieth', for Elijah's brother Connor when Connor was little.  It is very well made because it was built 'with love.  We hope to pass this horse on to Connor's children one day.

Elijah loves to play 'cowboy', just like I did when I was his age.  But I did not have access to a cool rocking horse like Elijah does.  And I am hoping to find a pic of Connor playing on the horse when he was a boy, too. 

No comments: